Enticing Cookie Jar
by PamFord Davis

The enticing cookie-jar is just out of reach of helpless little hands. Toddler's tummy grumbles as his eyes scan the room to see if his parents are peeking. The coast is clear so he springs into action.

"If I get up on the counter, I can eat cookies"

The tyke pulls over a chair and begins his Mt. Everest climb, first up onto daddy's chair then up on top of the cluttered kitchen counter. He focuses on his find with his tongue hanging out as he anticipates temptation's rewards.

Temptation is about to spring its trap. He reaches for the "Sesame Street Cookie Monster" cookie jar but cannot quite grasp it in greedy little hands. Bumbling Billy loses his balance, bounces off the counter and collapses on cushioned carpet. He will try again another day.

I reach for Christian maturity. "Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14 HCS)."

"Can I get an Amen?"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print