Suit Up
by PamFord Davis

The team gathers in the locker room shortly before a big game. Teammates share stories of the school pep rally held the night before. Some commented on the good-sized crowd while others bragged about girls they left with after the cozy bonfire. Sounds of locker doors opening and closing fills a room silent only moments before.

Coach Peters enters from his adjoining office. "Boys, suit up! Gonna' be right back with last minute instructions."

Protective football uniforms replace blue jeans and tee shirts; excitement builds as the guys await strategy against their adversaries. The long hours of practice are history and now they have to put into practice all they have learned from their competent coach. A late arrival shows up and takes his sweet time in getting ready.

The psyched coach holds his clipboard in one hand and chalk in the other as he steps up to the locker room black board. He maps out a last minute offensive play, turns to his boys and spots the tardy man on the team slowly removing a belt from his pants. It's been a tough season and the coach's patience is running thin.

"Brown! Man, what's your problem? Suit up!"

God has provided protective gear. We are facing the enemy and we are in this to win!

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes (Ephesians 6:10-11NIV)." The Lord does not want me to "dilly-dally." The stakes are high; winner takes all. His voice is demanding and firm. It is time for me to suit up; I will meet you in the locker room!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print