You can't serve God and money
by Michael Hume

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." Matthew 6.24

Jesus pointed out that we can't have divided loyalties between God and the world. We can be close to God and function in the world, but if we are of the world, we are in trouble.

This is a useful corrective verse for Christians, who are serving God with all their heart, mind, body and soul. God is such a wonderful master to serve that anyone who is really touched by Him will never want to leave his service, or His presence.

When I became a Christian, I only wanted God in my life some of the time. Now, 25 years on in 2012, I don't get enough of Him and want Him around all the time. Things change.

Love of money is a fire. So is love of the world, love of power, and love of self and similar things. Those with these as their god, can't serve the Living God as well. Their loyalties will have to shift to either the love of money or love of the Living God. Jesus was saying these can't exist in a state of dual loyalties.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print