Don't be anxious
by Michael Hume

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present you requests to God." Philippians 4.6.

There is no need to be anxious about anything, ever at one level. Because God is with us and we have eternal life. Nothing can harm us. At another level, we still have the rest of our lives to live on earth and anxieties are bound to come our way.

When they do, then we are to tell God about them. "Cast your anxieties on him, for he cares about you." 1 Peter 5.7 God wants to help us whether we are concerned for others or ourselves. He wants to unburden us. He desperately cares for us. We are very dear to Him. He does not like it when we writhe about in our anguish. You and I don't enjoy seeing the righteous squirming through discomfort, nor does God.

When we pray, the anxiety lessens. Perhaps the next time we read the Bible, God will give some comforting verses about the things we just spoke to Him about. Also expect God to answer the prayer for others or yourself.

I don't know about you, but I can pray for the anxieties of others more or less each day, but my own anxieties, less. If I pray for my own ones too often it seems to focus my mind on them, so it is helpful to give God praise, or thanks for some things rather than constantly be dragged down by my own anxieties.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print