Is This True Love? (Part one)
by Olawale Ogunsola

DECLARATION OF LOVE.
The four-letter word 'LOVE' is one of the most misinterpreted,misunderstood and misapplied words.Love is often confused with lust,that must not be fulfilled according to Galatians 5:16 and 1 John 2:16-17;and evil desires or concupiscence that must be put away according to Colossians 3:5(f).
On the other hand,love has its own good attributes.These are contained in First Corinthians 13:3-8,13.No wonder then that Jesus Christ put every other law under
'And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart,and with all your soul,with all your mind,and with all your strength.
You shall love your neighbour as yourself.' Mark 12:30-31.
He assured us that there is no other commandment greater than this and He lived it and still shows this in us.
A DECLARATION OF LOVE
In John chapter eleven,verses one to four,we read that Mary and Martha,the sisters of Lazarus who was sick declared,
'Lord,behold,he whom You love is sick.' verse3
The sisters knew and declared so;that the Lord loved Lazarus.
They also made known their faith and love for Jesus Christ.
It was Mary (popularly called Mary of Bethany or Magdalene) who anointed the Lord with expensive frangrant oil and wiped His feet with her hair (verse two).
Martha's love and faith became known when she came to meet the Lord who had delayed His coming until that hour.She was not angry.She was patient with the Lord.She declared her faith in whom she loved thus,
'Lord,if You had been here,my brother would not have died.But even now I know that whatever You ask of God,God will give You.' verses21-22,32.
These convincing statements and actions proved that there was pure love between the Lord Jesus Christ and this family.
Beloved Reader,the evidence of God's love for you is contained in the Scriptures.He will not deny Himself or lie. Only believe what He has said. Are you douting the sincerity of God's love because of some negative experiences you now have? Are you asking 'Is This True Love'? from God? Please,know that you must declare your love for the Lord.Exercise your faith in Him.Whatever happens to you,know that
'...all things works together for good to those who love God,to those who are the called according to His purpose.' Romans 8:28.
Please,declare your unshakable love for Him today and always.
NB All Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version Of the Bible.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print