Is This True Love? (Part three)
by Olawale Ogunsola

DEMONSTRATION OF LOVE.
The Lord reveals in John 15:13-14 that
'Greater love has no one than this,than to lay down one's life for his friends.You are My friends if you do whatever I command.'
The Lord had, and does,demonstrated His love to humanity.He had,and always has, His own plans and reasons for what He does.This may not be comprehended by mortal man.He has various ways of showing His love.This is the reason every Christian should not forget to add 'wait patiently '(Psalm 37:7) to his/her walk with the Lord.
Was the Lord right to fail to satisfy Mary and Martha who sent for Him to come and heal their brother,Lazarus? Let us consider this to show that His love for the family is pure and unquestionable.
Delaying His coming was an opportunity to further demonstrate His love for Lazarus and his family.The shortest verse in the Bible would not be existing if He had come earlier to heal him.This two-word verse,John 11:35,is 'Jesus wept'.He would not have done this near a friend's sick bed.This He did where His friend's dead body was laid.The Jews whowere there also could not keep silent when He wept.They said,
'See how He loved him!' verse36
Can you now clearly see that the Lord always find an opportunity to demonstrate His love to His own.In all the miracles He performed,people did not make such a statement.They did not 'see how He loved him!' in His teachings and preachings.
Jesus Christ remains the same yesterday,today and forever.Therefore,if you think or feel that He delays His action on your requests or prayers,it may be another way to demonstrate His love for you.At the end of the day,your words may be,
Lord,so you love me so much!' Please,wait patiently for what the Lord wants to do.He loves you indeed.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print