Is This True Love? (Part Two)
by Olawale Ogunsola

DELAYED ACTION.
Each Believer in Christ expects automatic answers to his/her petitions.The Lord Jesus Christ assured us that whatever we ask in His name will be given to us.Yes,but the time to give it to us is the exclussive right of God.
Likewise,the family of Lazarur made a request that needed an urgent action.They loved the Lord and they had a strong faith in His power to heal the sick.They confidently sent a message to Him saying,
'Lord,behold,he whom You love is sick.'
The all-knowing Lord knew what to do.He did not do it when men expected it.This is always the way He does His things.The expection of people,especilly the sisters was healing.Their request was,by modification,'Lord,behold,he who Y ou love is sick,come urgently to heal Him'.Jesus was well known to be a Great Healer but He was not ready to heal Lazarus whom He loved.Hear Him in John 11:4,
'This sickness is not unto death,but for the glory of God,that the Son of God may be glorified through it.'
Then be that as it may,the next step ought to be going to heal him,but He did not go there.Yet,He loved the family.What was His action or reaction to the request? He stayed two more days in the place where He was.
Not only this,He went with His Disciples to Judea where the Jews sought to stone Him instead of Bethany,the place of Lazarus,Mary and Martha,where He was seriously needed.
He delayed going there until He knew Lazarus was dead. He knew what to do about this and was ready to do it.He told His Disciples,'Our friend Lazarus sleeps(is dead),but I go that I may wake him up', John 11:11.
Jesus Christ was not ready to satisfy the expection of people but that which will be for the glory of God.
Do you now ask,'Is This Trun Love Indeed?' It is a common saying that 'A friend in need is a friend indeed'.A friend and a lover in need now refused to do the bidding of those who loved Him and whom He loved.Is He a friend indeed? An urgent message that require immediate action was sent to a Lover but He did not turn up until it was 'too late'.
Beloved,is this your plight with the Lord currently?
If you really love the Lord,show your faith in whom you love.Your requests will not go unattended to.Only you must seek the glory of God and that of Jesus Christ.You will at the end have every reason to praise your Creator.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print