Triggered Memories
by PamFord Davis

Special days trigger emotions of "special people" and memories. Mom and Dad repeated marriage vows at the altar of Kirkville Methodist Church on February 22, 1947. Blizzard conditions blanketed snow across Central NY as family and friends blanketed the bride and groom with rice and best wishes. Dangerous road conditions hampered driving but did not dampen spirits of the contented couple.

I wonder how many of us have ideal circumstances during daily routines or at those momentous occasions we anticipate, and see to fruition. Things routinely go awry and mishaps become an integral part of reminisces. I don't have to jog my memory to recall my wedding day woes. Many were recovering from the flu; Dad even ran a fever as he walked me down the aisle. My sister Gayla and friend Carol, as attendants ran late because of hair appointments. The show must go on!

The curtain on a new day is about to open. I can push a panic button, resign myself to complain or be resolved to rejoice. "Rejoice always (1 Thessalonians 5: 16 HCS)!" That's my bottom line!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print