Bucket Maneuvers
by PamFord Davis

While employed as a childcare worker at Harbor Learning Academy, 12-24 month year old boys and girls frequently entertained co-workers and me. Across the gate room divider, I viewed the younger group of 12-18 month year olds. Many were still crawling but some had mastered walking. Little Charlie's antics were especially cute. He had many toys to entertain himself with, yet his favorite was a red plastic bucket, which he wore on his head!

Charlie defeated the intended purpose of the bucket. He dumped the contents of small toys or blocks, donned the bucket and toddled around the room. I became accustomed to seeing Charlie with a bucket on his head, pacifier in his mouth and dragging his blankie behind him. He grew up and his teacher promoted him up to my class. He had learned many things before his move but none outweighed his creativity in interaction between bucket and head.

I am feeling an urge to interact through bucket maneuvers. It may be the ideal time to grab a bucket. Charlie found joy and contentment in his empty bucket. That is something to ponder. "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation (Isaiah 12:2-3 KJV)." With joy in the Lord, I fill my bucket!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print