Not Good Enough
by Rev. Brian Mathis

11 Come, O children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD. 12 What man is there who desires life and loves many days, that he may see good? 13 Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit. 14 Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
Psalms 34:11-14 (ESV)

Do you desire to experience all the good things God has planned for you? If so he has given us advice through King David of a few things that we need to do and apply to our lives. First and foremost is a healthy fear of God. We should understand that we are not worthy of any of the blessings He has promised to provide us because of anything we have done. Yet because Jesus came and died for us we are shown the mercy of God. There was a group of individuals who lived in and around the Jews through out there history that were not Jews; but they were called God-fearers (worshipper of God). They were often people who had been allowed to live in proximity to Israeli recognizing the power of Jehovah God in the Old Testament they were called strangers. They understood and feared the power of God but did not abide by the full law. I challenge you to ask yourself a question; are you a born again Christian or are you a God-fearer. Do you know there is a God and believe in Him not truly understanding what you need to be doing to abide in a life with Him or have you excepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior there is a difference. That difference is as far as I am concerned very important. You can fear God throughout your life; keeping your tongue from evil and never speaking deceit you can seek and purse peace and live a good life. But in the end you will find yourself wanting. Because scripture tells us in Acts 4:12 that, ""And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved." That name is Jesus. I ask you today where you stand are you a God-fearer or a Jesus Follower? The choice is yours and the difference is eternal. Have a blessed day as you walk in the light of His word.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print