trACker number391 Change Clothes with the Master
by Dudley Anderson

trACker number391
The e-Devotional helping to keep you on-track
GodTracker is online at www.godtracker.co.uk

24 February 2012

Dear God Tracker

Change Clothes with the Master

Like most people, I have a set of old work clothes that I wear when I'm decorating or working in the garden. They comprise an old Planet Hollywood T-shirt and a pair of jeans. The jeans have holes in them and they are covered with stains of paint, oil, mud and bitumen. I will admit that they go through the wash on the odd occasion but never see the hot surface of an iron. I love these old jeans. If I've had a hard day painting and decorating and need to pop into the local DIY store to buy more surplices, I seldom change my clothes. It gives me a sense of achievement and an air of respect when I walk into the store to have the other blokes notice my record of manliness. After all, my dirtied work-jeans reveal the hard work of my hands.

What is it about us that we think we can achieve recognition by the things we do? Somehow we think that if we work hard enough and showing the marks that prove it we can demonstrate to God that we've enough credit to earn his blessings. But how much work can we do to match God's perfection? This is why Jesus died and rose again.

Jesus is the perfect image of the invisible God. When the word of God became flesh in the form of Jesus he was spotless. You could say Jesus was wearing a brand new clean pair of Levis when he dwelt among us. And yet, we read that it pleased God to place on Jesus the sins of the world and allow him to die for those sins. Bible says that he who had no sin became sin for us so that we could become the righteousness of God. You could say that when Jesus went to the cross he changed out of his Levis and put on my filthy work-jeans.

God Tracker, there is nothing you could do to earning God's blessing. There is no way your good works will earn you enough brownie points in heaven. Jesus has already done the job for you. He exchanged his perfect garment with your muddied old work clothes so that you, in faith, could be clothed in him. The only thing you could do to show God how good you are is to admit you're not. Jesus has done all the hard work. Only he is good enough to stand before God. So if you desire the blessing of God; if you desire to live a clean life before the Father then you need to change clothes with the Master.

God-tracking is wearing Jesus

Blessings

Dudley


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GodTracker is now also available as a blog. Check out: http://godtracker.blogspot.com/

Our hope is that, by sharing experiences in tracking the will of God, we will draw closer to him and discover the awesome value of walking with God. Let us know what you think by e-mailing [email protected] God knows the plans he has for you. So go ahead and track them!

GodTracker now on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=46298024089

What is trACker?
GodTracker and trACker owe their origins to an international Christian radio programme produced by Dudley Anderson called, OnTrack. Although OnTrack went off-air in 2005, trACker has continued to help people to track God's plans and purposes for their lives since July 2003.

You can now hear Dudley Anderson on UCB UK
Saturdays from 00:00 to 05:00 GMT and Sundays from 06:00 to 12:00 GMT
Listen to UCB UK on DAB, Sky channel 0125 or online at http://ucbmedia.co.uk

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


VoW
Verse of the Week

Romans 13:14
Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.


Quote of the Week
A Sample of Dudley's Fave Quotes.

"Some men become proud and insolent because they ride a fine horse, wear a feather in their hat or are dressed in a fine suit of clothes. Who does not see the folly of this? If there be any glory in such things, the glory belongs to the horse, the bird and the tailor." --- St. Francis de Sales.


Don't Give-up, Look-up!
Look-up and Fix Your Eyes On Jesus!

Just When I Thought I Was Good Enough I Realise That I'm Powerless

Romans 5:6
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.

Pray
"Dear God, I realise now that I have been strutting about in my dirty old work clothes, thinking that you are impressed by the work of my hands. I realise that this is folly and wrong. I admit there is nothing I can do to be considered good or blessed in your sight. My good works are like filthy rags before your perfection. Today I surrender my effort and offer up my old work clothes to be dressed in the righteousness that comes by faith in Jesus. Just when I thought I was good enough I realise that I'm powerless. Therefore, I believe that the One who had no sin became sin for me so that I could be cleansed. Thank you for taking time to take my sin away and make a way for me to be blessed. Amen."


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Why not recommend trACker to someone?
Point them to www.godtracker.co.uk or click on http://www.godtracker.co.uk/tronline.shtml#recomend


Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa Dudley Anderson began writing for radio in 1994. Dudley currently writes a weekly e-mail Christian motivational thought called GodTracker and has complied 2 devotional books based on GodTracker. More information at surereaity.net 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print