Believing is Seeing
by PamFord Davis

"I can fly!" Peter Pan was faith propelled; believing was seeing and Wendy in nightgown looked up, leaped up and left conformity behind. I sat Indian style close-up to our Black & White TV screen, mesmerized with children's ability to fly. I winced at the attacks of Captain Hook and clapped at the lighting of firefly Tinker Bell's taillight! Peter was dogmatic; "I'll never grow up!"

As a follower of Christ, I am determined to hold on to the faith of a child and yet seek maturity. "I tell you as seriously as I know how that anyone who refuses to come to God as a little child will never be allowed into his Kingdom (Mark 10:15 Living Bible)." Daddy, will you teach me how to fly? What will I be when I grow up?

Paul wrote of following truth, (Ephesians 4:15a) "and so become more and more in every way like Christ who is the head of his body, the church. Under his direction the whole body is fitted together perfectly, and each part in its own special way helps the other parts, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love (Ephesians 4:15b-16 Living Bible)." I will grow up!

When I grow in my faith in Christ, I cannot only fly, but also soar like eagles. "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint (Isaiah 40: 31 Living Bible)." Believing is seeing! "You can get anything-anything you ask for in prayer-if you believe (Matthew 21:22 Living Bible)." Believe. "I can fly!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print