Living in the present
by Michael Hume

"God said to Moses,"I AM WHO I AM." This is what you are to say to the Israelites. I AM has sent me to you." Exodus 3.14. God has many meaningful epithets. I AM says He always exists in the everlasting present and has and will always exist now. Eternal life is a dimension that is always present, unlike earth time which has a past, present and future.Living in the present has been an effort of will for me this past fortnight. And it works.


There has been more joy and happiness because I am able to concentrate on the sunshine, bright new yellow and purple crocuses, the chatter of birds, and the scent of daphne flowers. By living in the present, you are reaching for the fullest life. By striving for and living in the present you also take your mind off a lot of negative clutter distracting your thoughts.If eternal life is a present dimension, then living in the present here on earth, is striving to get and keep in sync with God and his blessings to live that full life here now. Sometimes you don't have to strive at all. A strong dose of Bible reading can put you in that everlasting time frame now.

Jesus also spoke of his eternal existence in the now. He said "Before Abraham was, I am." John 8.58. We also have part of us living in heaven time though we are here on earth still. It's like having one foot in heaven and one on earth. We are preparing for heaven and living on earth time. So at the Holy Spirit's grace, we move back and forth between heaven and earth while being on earth in the body. We touch heaven time and we strive to emulate that here on earth.

That's why it feels so good to have the pace of life slowed down. Our inner being identifies with the more desirable eternal life time which is a slow pace of life. God's presence brings eternal life to us now, and being surrounded by nature brings us the second best thing to slow down the pace of life.

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46.1 So God is ever present and always willing to help us in our troubles, and also to hear our prayers, and praises. He lives in the present. So should we. It is a happier state of life.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print