Study God's works
by Michael Hume

"Great are the works of the LORD, studied by all who have pleasure in them." Psalm 111.2

God has created an enormous amount of works. In the world and outer space. Outer space is largely unknown and unvisited by man. The farthest we have been so far is the moon. The pictures from the Hubble telescope and other scientific data about space is a fascinating study. It is a vast, awesome expanse, and God who created it is greater than that. The deepest part of inner space, the oceans has been visited once in 1950. In 2012 oceanographers are again setting out to visit the Marianas trench.

On and near the earth's surface there are so many beautiful things God has made. It is delightful to see the many colours and patterns of butterfly wings. The colourful birds of the world are so cheering. The powerful animals like the Siberian tiger makes me feel puny. The majestic whales that roam the oceans, simply dwarf everything in the animal kingdom. Just looking, observing and noting is studying to an extent. That alone will instil an awe of God at some point.

Just studying God's works at hobbyist level is both fun and interesting. It proactively occupies you with a worthwile pursuit. It is a useful discipline to supplement Bible reading and is a faith builder in itself. We get some idea of the creativity of God when pondering the variety of animals, birds, insects, fish, mammals, reptiles, plants, weather systems, geographic regions, on earth.

Another branch is the study of man. Sociology, anthropology, ethnography, all can be interesting. God did create man after all.

Some people just enjoy studying. Perpetual students. It can be fun and meaningful done with God.

God bless you as you study His works.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print