Shake Hands
by PamFord Davis

"Shake hands and come out fighting!" Referees spout off instructions learned by rote. "No hitting below the belt!" As parents, many at times take on the role of referee, sending children to separate corners. The time out is both a time of simmering down and "fessing up" to their infractions. After sufficient time, parents urge both children to reconcile their relationship. Youngsters are apt to shake hands and patch up differences with their sibling.

Paul took on the role of parent, urging often-unruly children to be both reconciled to God and fulfill the role of one who leads others to reconciliation. "Through Christ, God made peace between himself and us. And God gave us the work of bringing people into peace with him. I mean that God was in Christ, making peace between the world and himself. In Christ, God did not hold people guilty for their sins. And he gave us the message of peace to tell people (2 Corinthians 5:18b-19 ERV)." It's high time we shake hands and come out ready to reconcile!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print