This is Love
by Kathleen Angell

I'm really glad that the Lord's heart isn't to make people disposable, but to endure.

That He said how we love the least of these is how we love Him.

So when the cross is a part of our life, we can, through Him, accept it.

And we can, though Him, endure it.

And we can through Him, find victory through Him in it.

Even in such small things as people not meeting our expectations.

When people don't live up to our needs and our expectations of what they should or shouldn't be doing.

I needed to be reminded of this today.

It is easy to get side tracked, for me anyway. To become too quickly irritated rather than covering in love.

Jesus bore the cross, intensely for us, and even to tears of blood before He endured death on the cross.

That puts my cross into perspective.
And I thank the Lord for that.

We can endure because He endured, and receive His love that He gives, to share with others.

We're the vessels to give His love to an imperfect world of which we are, smile, chief.

He didn't come to get love, but to give love.

He didn't come to be served but to serve.

He came to give life and life abundantly.

Loving in His Father's love those who didn't love.. that is the cross of Christ.

This is the River, Love, Who bled from the cross, ... Love.

We didn't do things right. But have Love to come to, Jesus, and to find shelter and love and live.

Because our Father in Heaven so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever would believe in Him would not perish but have eternal life.

So my little trials come into focus better for what they really are when the Lord gives me to think on this.

That Love is this. That it wasn't us who loved Him first. But He loved us first, while we were yet sinners.

He is a River of grace and abounding love.

He would that none perish, but all find Eternal life through Him.

So my little trials come into view for what they are.

Little trials and little irritations like the little foxes that can eat at the vines and destroy a crop because I will miss the opportunity to share God's love.

So, to patiently endure these little things and to keep in remembrance that Love never fails. He never fails. If I lay down my life, Love will never fail to find a way to grow in the lives of someone who was my life's little irritation.

Have a blessed and wonderful day, all!

What a precious Lord we serve

My name is Kathleen Angell.  
My life was dramatically changed when the Lord made Himself real to me.  
We have an outreach to folks experiencing shelter and street life.  It is a great joy to us.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print