Fabric to Faith
by PamFord Davis

I would guess that men pay little attention to fabric when picking out clothes. Instead, they choose preferred styles and colors. On the other hand, a women, intuitively perceives her desire to purchase a garment heightens by the sense of touch as well. What fabrics might trigger emotional responses and ring up a sale for the clerk?

Fashion designing is "not my bag" but I quickly jotted down a few sense-stirring fabrics:
Taffeta
Chenille
Silk
Satin
Velvet
Angora
Mink

Such fabrics provide more than warmth. I remember a sky blue taffeta dress I wore to a formal dinner-dance sponsored by a Yacht Club at the tender age of twelve. Tossing out a comfortable chenille turquoise robe took real courage. I feel pampered when wearing silk, satin or velvet. Angora and mink I have yet to experience.

Nothing can compare with rubbing up against Jesus' garment! "And behold, a woman who had been suffering from a hemorrhage for twelve years came up behind Him and touched the fringe of His cloak: for she was saying to herself, 'If I only touch his garment, I shall get well (Matthew 9:20-21 NAS)." She received healing; her sense of touch moved her from despair to rejoicing!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print