Pray and don't give up
by Michael Hume

Jesus told his disciples a parable so they would pray and not give up. A judge in a town had a widow coming to him demanding justice against her adversay. At first the godless judge refused but because the widow kept pestering him, he gave in to her granting justice.

Jesus said, "Will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice and quickly." Luke 18.7,8.

Jesus was saying how much more likely will God give justice to us and more quickly. Like the widow, we are meant to frequently ask God for things whether it is justice or anything the Holy Spirit puts on our hearts. For some things God answers really fast, but not all. Justice was given to the widow, and justice will be given to us by God.

We are meant to pray and not give up till the answer comes. For some things you may need to pray for years, a decade or more. But don't give up. Keep praying even if you feel like giving up and there is no sign of an answer.

If something is God's will He will answer in His timing even if it seems slow to us. Maybe He's building character and endurance in us and teaching us things along the way. So keep praying. Prayer is a huge joy compared to a lot of other activites. May God bless your prayer times.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print