High Goals
by PamFord Davis

"Let me introduce you to my son, the doctor!" Now, that is a proud mother. "Have you met my daughter? She's a lawyer!" The face of a father brightens as his daughter receives her teaching diploma. Yes, we all recognize the honor and pride these parents place in children and their calling to serve humanity through the fields of medicine the court system, and education. It took many years of study and personal sacrifice to attain their goals.

High goals are markers of faith. Callings are flags of fulfillment. "Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:12-14 NIV)."

Individuals who enter professions involving medicine, law and education are quick to discern their need for continued education and on the job training. There are continuous changes and developments that will require never ending study. Paul, a hero in the faith did not boast of his theological studies or credentials through the Jerusalem mother church. Instead, he placed his confidence in Christ and continued to sharpen his skills for service fit for a King!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print