Do You Know Your Name?
by Olawale Ogunsola

Your answer to the question and title of this piece can be "yes" You may be as wrong as you may be correct.You may know all the names you were given when you were born. Your nicknames may also come to mind. However, these names are not my concern. Do you know that you may have some other names that you do not know? There are some of them, if anyone calls you by them, you will not agree. You may even be bitter against such person.
The case of a servant in Matthew 25:14-30 is a very good reference point. Out of three servants, he was given one talent. The only name of the man, as we know it, was 'A Servant'. He was not the only one. Instead of trading with the one talent given him, he went to bury it somewhere until the arrival date of his boss or call it 'the day of accountability'.
It was on that day that he announced his other name as "the afraid" Therefore, with his 'surname', Servant, that we know him with, his full name is "The Afraid Servant". He said to his lord,
"And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours. " v 25.
The Afraid Man did not know that he had some other names by his deeds. You can call these names REAL names or NICKnames. One thing is sure that it shows the true picture of this man. The lord of the man revealed his other names as
1. Wrong Accuser. He accussed his Lord of being "a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. "verse 24. The Afraid Servant was perfectly wrong in his accusation. The Lord has, at least sown one talent that can yield another talent. So he is Mr Wrong Accuser.
2. Wicked Servant. Joined to his surname is another name "Wicked". His Lord called him so in verse 26, saying, "You wicked... Servant..."... The Lord told him his real name which the servant did not know.
3. Lazy Servant. Another name the servant did not know he bears was lazy. In verse 15, it was stated that the Lord gave his goods to the three servants ACCORDING TO HIS OWN ABILITY. The lord knew he was lazy before he gave him one talent, but the lazy man did not know.
4. A Looser. He was a looser anytime and day. The Lord of the servant ordered that the one talent be taken away from him. So he was left with nothing. If he looses his one talent, I don't know what he will not loose. He has lost his essence of living.verse 28.Because he is lazy,Proverbs 20:4 records his loss thus
"The lazy man will not plow because
of winter:
He will beg during harvest and
have nothing."
5. Useless (Unprofitable). The servant did not know this as well. He was unprofitable, useless and only to be thrown away. He was only good for the refuse dump. It was his Lord that told him this name.
Beloved Reader, do you now have a better understanding of my question? Do you think the Afraid Servant will be happy to know his REAL NAMES from his boss? Do you think he would agree with those names? Given the opportunity, he will give millions excuses that will not change his names.
Do you know that every man and woman is like this Servant? His names may not be applicable to us all. Still there are names that are applicable to us, good or bad , that we may not know. Where the names are good, please continue in it. Where it is bad, cease from it, put on a new leaf. Pray against it, if need be. It will be grave to attack those who have the gut or authority to tell you. It may wound your heart but it will be for your benefits if you change for the better. Hear the words of a serious and sincere man in Mark 9:14-29. He brought his son to Jesus for healing. When Jesus recommended that he must have Faith (belief) he cried out and said with tears,
"Lord, I believe, help my unbelief!" verse 24.
Jesus Christ knew he had same elements of doubts in him possibly planted by the disciples who could not cast out the evil spirits from the son of that man.
In every situation, know your real name!

Scripture quotations are from New King James Version.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print