What's growing in your garden?
by naomi Cassata

I wish my vegetable garden grew as well as the dollar weeds that grow alongside it. I'm constantly chopping their vines with my garden tools and following their trails beneath the dirt. Anyone who has dealt with these pesky weeds knows how annoying they can be. Merely pulling them up by their tops doesn't work. You have to find the root cause and deal with it there.

Our hearts can be compared to my vegetable garden. Despite the good that is being produced, less-than-godly actions still manage to pop up. These unwanted seeds sprinkle down from our thought-life and become embedded in our hearts. When someone says something hurtful or treats us rudely, dwelling on it invites it to do its damaging work. Before long, the fruits of anger and bitterness have consumed us.

Because of this, the Bible teaches how to handle bad seeds entering our minds. It reads, "Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you" (Eph. 4:32). Forgiveness is more than just something we ask for; it's something we willingly give to others. We've got to be ready to deal with wrongs done to us immediately if we don't want them to take root inside. We can't stop offences from coming, but we can stop them from becoming part of us. I know it's hard to forget the wrongs done, but if we want our hearts to stay pure, we've got to blow those bad seeds (thoughts) away.

http://www.lampformyfeet.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print