Testimony Works
by Jack Jones

They overcame him by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink back from death.

Theologian Craig Keener writes "Many Christians are afraid that their witness may offend someone, but this passage emphasizes that our witness for Jesus is worth even our lives". Overcoming Satan's hold on our lives or others can only be achieved through Jesus Christ (1 John 3:8). The Blood of the lamb signifies his conquering work on the cross. However, if we seek to extend the kingdom of God we are called to share our testimony. Christ came to free us from a spirit of fear (Rom 8:15). That fear is part of Satan's arsenal; utilising it to silence the Saints. Ironically we find public speaking the number one fear on earth.

Yet through the centuries, commencing with Stephen (Acts 7), God's children chose death before disowning Christ or falling silent. Christ himself warns us of what happens to those that disown Him; In return He will disown them (Mt 10:33). Our testimonies of Christ's interaction in our lives are a powerful witness to God's existence and salvation. Paul is among the first to utilise his own everywhere he travels. He talks of his old way of life as a violent man and Pharisee. He tells of the miraculous intervention of the risen Christ and of his new freedom. Paul overcomes the Devil by the blood of the lamb and by the word of his testimony.

Across the globe men and women stand up and share Jesus' work in their lives. Shrinking back from such (in favour of our earthly life) is to play right into the Devil's hands. Foxes Book of the Martyrs bears witness to an unseen force fighting the spread of Christian testimony.

If you have never been utilised to lead anyone to Christ then maybe you never knew Rev 12:11.

You do now.

Jack Jones, Editor of The Christian Network and Street Chaplain - http://www.thechristiannetwork.com, Australia's most comprehensive Christian Web Magazine.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print