Rewards for the Christian
by Michael Hume

The Christian life is extremely rewarding. Through God's grace, acts of service and through trials.

Some people are given exceptional rewards that are rare. Elijah went directly to heaven when his earthly ministry was over. God gives certain graces to specific individuals. Not many go to heaven that directly and easily. But God does give us thousands of micro-graces.

Jesus said, "Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left houses or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who will not receirve a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life." Matthew 10.29,30

Jesus said sacrifices will lead to earthly and heavenly rewards. It is likely they are individual, and specific. Being selfless and putting God first will lead to some sacrifices along the line. Also character buildiing persecutions come with the faith life and are part of the rewards God will give.

Jesus said, "If any one would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all." Mark 9.35 This is one of the keys of the faith life. Serve others and put them first. You need to be a giver in the faith life.

Jesus said, "The measure you give will be the measure you get back. " Luke 6.38. The more you do for God, the larger the rewards.

Jesus stated, "Every one who exalts himself will be humbled and he who humbles himself will be exalted." Luke 14.11 To be exalted by God you need to humble yourself. You can humble yourself through fasting, and by going vegetarian and praying in both cases. God also humbles through trials, so expect God to exalt you at some point because He has put you through trials.

"Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely, on my account. Rejoice and be gladfor your reward is great in heaven. " Matthew 5.11,12. God does reward us for small and large trials. Short ones and long ones. All of them. It may not feel like there is any reward or justice at the time, but there will be. It is absolutely guaranteed by God.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print