Shaken to Awaken
by PamFord Davis

I needed no alarm clock. Mom stood at the bottom of the stairs and called to my sisters, brother and I. "It's time to get up and get ready for school." She did not like to repeat her instructions. Many sound sleepers rely on someone to shake him or her from slumber.

The expression dead to the world aptly describes individuals who depend on pokes, prodding and covers pealed back. In a last ditch effort, the one awakening them shakes them by the shoulders and rouses them from the bed.

Did Mary wake Jesus or did the cockcrow alert Him each morning? "The Lord God has given Me the tongue of those who are instructed to know how to sustain the weary with a word. He awakens [Me] each morning; He awakens My ear to listen like those being instructed (Isaiah 50:4 HCS)."

The heavenly Father awakened Jesus. I believe Christ heard His Father's voice before He opened heavy eyelids, stretched arms and stood to his feet. "Father, forgive me for not being sensitive to your voice. Shake me, awaken me and speak to me. Your maidservant is listening."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print