Contentment
by Michael Hume

"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation." Philippians 4.12

Walk with God and before you know it you are content. You don't feel pulled one way or another. You are settled in a place because God is in full control of your life and tells you so.

Whether you have a lot or a little, the faith life brings contentment. It is a by-product of Godly living. Paul writes, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty." Philippians 4.12. You might not have a lot of worldly goods and still you can be content. It can be an asset not to have a lot for some seasons, because it can keep you humble. You don't feel you have to keep up with others and don't have to compare yourself with them. Some people might be living by worldly standards around you but you don't have to.

You can always ask God for more things though if you need them. There is nothing stopping you from asking God to improve your lot.

Till then, "Godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Timothy 6.6. God enables you to be content all the time. Thanks to Him.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print