THE DEMONS ARE HERE SO LOOK CLOSELY AND SEE
by Dr. Henderson Ward

We seem to be obsessed with demonology but we are famously misguided as to what it is all about. The most successful films over the last few years are the "Harry Potter Films" and films about vampires and the walking dead and the like and if audiences are anything to go by the youth has displayed an insatiable appetite for such submissions. The Western world is so fascinated with magic, fantasy, witchcraft and the dark arts that it will gladly dragoon all these genres and serve them up as fitting entertainment for young, impressionable minds. With the youth imbibing such perverse characters as entertainment, they are subliminally and otherwise absorbing a great dose of demonology and their spiritual and moral wellbeing in some instances are being irreversibly corrupted.

Demons are no joke and any attempt to make evil spirits seem like harmless buffoons or benign entities is an attempt in recklessness. On the other hand to elevate demons to the point where they appear to dominate the world and can over-power all and sundry at their whim is irresponsible scaremongering.

When wickedness becomes the norm of any society then the wrath of God is so militated against that society that it neither benefits from the grace of God nor his restraining influence on raw nature. When the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah reached the pinnacle of wickedness God withdrew his restraints on the raging volcanoes nearby and those cities suffered the appalling consequences.

No leader, anywhere in this world, wants the behaviour of his fellow-man to degenerate to the point where his fellow-man becomes sub-human and yet slowly and surely that is precisely what is happening. We are infected with clueless leaders who are either willfully blind or mindlessly cavalier as to where their misguided policies are taking the world.

Leaders that push for unfettered abortion are complicit in homicides, even though that is not their intention, because there are those who will used abortion as their preferred method of birth control and concomitantly there are those who perform abortions as their preferred way of making a living. Leaders that support same-sex marriage and push the homosexual agenda are peddling sodomy and sodomy is but one corrosive element in the moral and spiritual decline of a civilization. Leaders that push for continuous wars, covertly ferment conflict within and between nations, inflame passions of opponents to governments that do not do their bidding and profit by the sale of arms and the like are pushing a demonic agenda that is doing mighty harm to people everywhere.

Let us be extremely clear, demons are opposed to everything clean, wholesome, pleasant, beautiful, spiritually uplifting and helpful to humans. Demons delight in inflicting suffering and degradation on humanity. Where there is suffering demons want to add more, where there is joy demons want to add misery and where there is light and truth demons want to bring darkness and error. Every act of brutality has the invisible, grubby fingerprints of demons working through agents of wickedness.

Adolph Hitler may not have started out as a wicked man but somewhere along the line he imbibed a demonic philosophy and approach and so could, unconscionably, butcher millions of innocent people. Charles Manson was at one time a very nice person, or so his friends alleged, but he became a mass murderer after somewhere along the line he laid himself open to demonic influences. Jim Jones of Guyanese-massacre notoriety and David Koresh of Waco-infamy were once decent, likable men who strayed from the path of righteousness and fell among demons. These are some of our modern perpetrators but history is full of similar people. King Herod, when Jesus was born, slaughtered thousands of children in his efforts in trying to kill Jesus. The Greek Emperor Antiochus IV Epiphanes slaughtered many Jews; he cut their tongues out, scalped them, cut off their hands and feet, and burnt them on the Altar when they did not obey his dictates to eat pork sacrificed in the Jerusalem temple. An heir to King David and nearly all the royal seed were butchered by Athaliah, who became queen, after her son was killed.

Demons are here among us and in places the Bible refer to them as devils as distinct from the Devil. So how does the Devil operate? How does this monster, full of hatred, malice and enormous ill will towards humanity and bristling with enmity and spite towards God come into our world and succeed in doing so much damage. The answer is two-fold. First, God has made humans with freewill and enabled to choose good or bad, right or wrong and in the vast majority of cases we choose that which is bad and wrong which puts us into Satan's domain. Secondly the Devil himself in person, almost never directly makes contact with people (few cases in recorded history) choosing rather to use his demons, his stooges and evil influences.

One of the most productive channels through which the Devil and his demons operate to carry out their despicable, filthy, rotten agenda is the use of accomplices and stooges. Stooges are not part of the demonic world, they are not part of the host thrown out of heaven, but they have made common cause with the demons and the end results are the same leading humanity into perdition. Willing stooges are many, and everywhere, and it is vital that we are able to recognize them and be on our guard against them for they often work on the sly, and they can lead us to believe that they are on your side. It makes no difference how a person becomes a stooge, whether through curiosity, or a love of wickedness, or corruption, or making bargains with evil, or selling his soul, or experimentation or direct recruitment by agents of the Devil or any other means, what is most striking is that he soon becomes comfortable in pursuing the Devil's agenda. Remember that the Devil do not like stooges, indeed the Devil hates all humanity, but is prepared to use any and all means to inflict suffering on humanity and stooges are a vital part of his wicked scheme. In one sense all of those not living the Christian life are stooges, being used by the Devil to stir up and spread evil but in a more narrow sense those I have listed below are particularly dangerous and we need to be aware of them.

Devil worshippers are willing stooges hence demonic

When we speak of devil worshippers it is obvious what we are talking about because we have defined what we mean by the Devil and the act of worship needs no explanation. However in the context of which we are using Devil worship we want to include all forms of Satanism as well. Therefore Satanism which is described as Theistic Satanism, which some have described as belief that the Devil is an actual deity and or a force, LaVeyan Satanism, which is more philosophical in that it subscribes to undermining spiritual creeds and supports and promotes hedonism, atheism, Darwinism and such like or the more common understanding of Satanism which is worshipping Satan or the practice of ritual magic. I am amalgamating them all together because they are essentially of the same caliber and have to do primarily with opposing all that is good and proper in the world, especially things of a spiritual nature.

It is extraordinary how anyone can come to the conclusion that the Devil is worthy of worship never mind actually offering prayers, praise and worship to the very one who is destroying them, but such is man's folly and fall from grace that people willingly do this. They worship the Devil as if he is God, they exalt and glorify Satan and at the same time relish the demeaning of Almighty God, the very one who cares for them and tries in every way to uphold their dignity and elevate them to a place of spiritual blessedness. It is certainly the case that at some point God's anger will overflow and he will deal with rebellious mankind in a way deserving of their folly. God has given clear warning when he said, "My Spirit will not always strive with man" Genesis 6:3 indicating that at some point mercy and tolerance will be suspended and when that happens then expect supernatural and cataclysmic responses, "for it is written, Vengeance is mine, I well repay saith the Lord" Romans 12:9b.

Devil worshippers are not ignorant of who God really is nor are they unaware of his benevolent existence for God has manifested himself to the whole world and they are without excuse, "Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and to four-footed beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God gave them up to uncleanness through the lust of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen." Romans 1:21-25.

Those who worship the Devil, especially stooges through the many forms of blatant idolatry, open themselves to a host of character sapping, God defying, soul destroying, Satan-imposed measures. These measures are almost impossible to reverse and even if eventually someone is converted into Christianity (for with God all things are possible) the mental and psychological scars go with them to their graves. You cannot willfully give allegiance, worship and praise to the Devil and when you finish with him escape without paying a heavy price. Once you sell your soul to the Devil there is no guarantee you will be allowed to buy it back at any price. The number of Devil worshippers converted to Christianity is miniscule for Satan binds them to him in a number of frightening ways:

1. Sometimes Devil worshippers have to commit capital offenses as part of their initiation and loyalty and cannot risk exposure by denouncing the movement.

2. Humanity is possessed of morals but to become a Devil worshipper often entails the abandonment of all morals and an emptying of self, kenosis, zombie-like abandonment to Satanic servitude.

3. Bestiality is often mandatory as well as other forms of perverted sex, for it corrupts the soul and sets practitioners apart and beneath the threshold of human decency.

4. Sacrifices are required as a symbol of good standing which entails mutilation and butchery of innocents, many of whom are the young offspring of the perpetrators.

These are the willing stooges through whom the Devil operates and you need to be aware of them and be on your guard at all times. When people have given themselves to Devil worship, anything holy and good and true offends them mightily and if it was possible to pour holy water on them the effect would be mind boggling they would react the way a monkey would react when he realizes that he has just put his foot into the gaping mouth of a hungry crocodile. All stooges engage in spreading and deepening evil and so the Devil delights in using them to further his own agenda.

Participants of sances, Ouija boards, and members the occult are willing stooges hence demonic

The Devil is more than willing and able to trap people into his web of universal evil and to bind them in perpetual servitude and it matters not that people are only experimenting or seeking to explore novel ways of getting their "kicks". The occult consist of hardcore monsters who would commit the most appalling, gruesome barbarity to appease their longing for instant, satanic gratification but since the occult is not a unified, monolithic, destructive organization as some assert, it also consist of misguided, errant teenagers who are involved because of easy sex, illicit drugs, the semblance of freedom, the adrenalin of risks and the concomitant thrills.

It may very well be that by combining sances, Ouija boards, and the occult under one heading and dealing with them as if they are one and the same thing carries the risk of not dealing with each fairly. But since the emphasis here is to show how the Devil utilizes all these paranormal activities to ensnare and exploit these participants as components in his evil agenda then this grouping will suffice. You should be aware that purveyors of these evils will always try to explain them in a way that makes them seem benign and progressive but they are the very opposite and you should see them as follows:

1. Ouija boards are a process of penetrating the 'spirit world' and seeking to engage the 'spirits' in meaningful conversation. Young, impressionable minds, older minds as well, are often duped into believing magical nonsense and the tragedy is that by dabbling in these processes they are offering themselves as conduits for demonic activity.

2. Sances are nearly always group activity led by someone supposedly acting as intermediary between the living and the dead who talks to these 'spirits' and get answers to specific questions from them. Most sances are fakes and are means of luring people into satanic activity and creating within them streams of demonic-induced delusions and wickedness that can ultimately lead to demonic possession.

3. The occult can be generalized to include all things satanic but that would be to let it off too lightly and not to recognize its particular contribution to the Devil's agenda. Those of the occult are agents of the Devil, follow his lead in attacking Christians whom they hate with a passion and are particularly keen in trapping the youth in their spiders' web of networks.

Witchcraft, voodoo, sorcery, obeah, or occultism in any of its variant forms is a personification of evil and is condemned most strongly in the Bible and the church to the extent that in the Old Testament participants were condemned to death and executed by stoning, "A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them." Leviticus 20:27. God felt so strongly against such wickedness that he undertook to take direct action against those who would use the services of such people, "And the soul that turneth after such as has familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a-whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people." Leviticus 20:6.

We do not advocate today that people are stoned for their beliefs, however abominable those beliefs are, bearing in mind that we are now living in the Dispensation of Grace and Jesus has ushered in a new spirit of tolerance and love. However we need to be vigilant at all times for the Devil will use these stooges to infiltrate his odious poison into the bloodstream of humanity. We should be in no doubt that these things are mightily abominable to God, "There shall not be found among you anyone that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out before thee." Deuteronomy 18:10-12.

False prophets are willing stooges hence demonic

One of the greatest and most successful strategies of the Devil is to launch an all-out, unrelenting assault against the church and do so by using two different tactics. It's akin to what is known in law enforcement as the bad cop/good cop strategy in which ultimately the suspect, under pressure, gives in to one or the other. In attacking believers from outside the Devil can show his hand as it truly is using terror, persecution, assassination, bombings, jailing, beatings, abuses and a lot else besides using his many stooges in government and/or other non-Christian religions and cults. Most believers know or suspect when they are being attacked from without and therefore can defend against such attacks with a high degree of success. When someone burns your church, bombs your home, kills your children or attacks you most viciously with unbridled violence then you are in no doubt that the enemy is on the warpath. It is quite another thing to detect bellicosity when the person is warm towards you and presents a smiling, unthreatening demeanor. False prophets are so very deadly because they work quietly from the inside; creating an atmosphere of distrust in God, diverting attention away from God and his Word and towards themselves and their faulty interpretation of Scripture, undermining genuine faith and weakening or destroying the grace of God in the life of believers. These false prophets themselves are not converted, not under the Spirit's guidance and control and have not the love of God nor the fear of the Almighty in them and so become agents of the Devil in the body of believers.

These false prophets, many of the so called "evangelicals" and "fundamentalists" prominent among them who, like spiritual termites, undermine and destroy the faith of the weak and babes in Christ. These wolves in sheep's clothing peddling a theology of greed, egocentricity and worldliness dressed up as spiritual enlightenment and blessing and spewing their hateful, distorted, vitriolic political religious mish mash over their religious broadcasting network and in churches are planted in the body of believers to further Satan's agenda. That some of these groups are prospering gives eloquent testimony to their standing in the satanic world from which they derive filthy lucre topped up with donations from duped contributors. Listening to their outpourings leave the spiritually discerning in no doubt that these false prophets are doing great harm to the good name, reputation and ministry of the dedicated, committed believers in the church of Jesus Christ our Lord. The Devil uses these false prophets to so nullify, water down or muddy the gospel message that many unbelievers genuinely searching for truth are uncertain where to look and when they find it are unsure if it is the genuine article. Sometimes these groups have convenient labels and can be easily identified like the Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Moonies and Branch Davidians but most of the times they are there amongst the corporate body of believers working in deadly anonymity.

Here are just a few of the things these false prophets, from the United States of America in these examples, have recently put across the airways or on their websites:

1. That the United States of America should assassinate the duly elected President of Venezuela because he does not like Americans and should be killed. This from a prominent tele-evangelist. (The Bible teaches, "But I say unto you love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you." Matthew 5:44. Believers are not in the business of murdering the enemy or supporting those who do.)

2. Africa is a lost cause and belongs to Satan just as America is the land of the good and belongs to God. This from a Southern Baptist website. (The Bible teaches, "The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof; the world and they that dwell therein." Psalm 24:1. Believers are not in the business of writing off any country but to evangelize until God comes. In any case there is good evidence that Africa is the place that is reviving genuine, sincere Christianity and is currently sending Christian missionaries to apostate Europe and elsewhere.)

3. The Soviet Union is the Anti-Christ and is now changed into Russia who will attack Israel. This from a fundamentalist website based in Virginia. (Many right wing extremist Christians see any competitor of USA as the Anti-Christ and delude people into thinking that they know what they are talking about. These people keep changing their teachings with the times as to who is the Anti-Christ; it was the Soviet Union, then Russia and for many it's now Iran or China. Their problem is that they are into predictions which are based on human intellect which is faulty whereas God tells you what the future is based on his foreknowledge which is revealed to us in prophecy. These people are presumptuous and the Bible so asserts, "When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him." Deuteronomy 18:22. Believers are not in the business of making predictions but will declare God's prophetic word with clarity and confidence.)

4. Catholics is perhaps the most dangerous cult and one of the most popular, whose members will be the first to plunge into the Devil's fiery abyss. This from a sermon of a fundamentalist. (I am a protestant, evangelical preacher and writer and am not an apologist for Catholicism and like every protestant we have issues with aspects of Catholicism). To describe the Catholics as a sect shows a profound misunderstanding of the Etymology of the word "sect" and a desire to twist and distort reality to suit theological convenience. That the Roman Catholic Church has some questionable doctrines and engages in some dubious liturgical practices is beyond dispute and their desire to be all things to all men that they may win some to Christ, and thereby practices syncretism, is controversial. But that does not make them a cult. Further, to prejudge a whole group of believers and condemn them to hell because you do not agree with some of their doctrines is not wise. Many Catholics do not believe all that the Roman Catholic Church teaches and led by God's Spirit are walking uprightly and serve God in spirit and in truth. Ultimately it is God and God alone who knows the true state of any individual's relationship with him, "for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7b.

5. Sin is not the issue and when we go out to win people for Christ we should never mention sin. This from fundamentalist literature. This is part of the false doctrine some people teach as regards getting new converts. Tell people that all they have to do is believe in Christ and the way they live their lives are immaterial and without consequence. As a result of this theology these converts, who proudly claim to be born again Christians, live their lives exactly as the world does, there is no distinction between them and the world, there is no light shining from them there is no spiritual fruit, no righteous example merely worldly-minded people who believe in Christ. There are many such "Christians" who have never been converted but are contented as they are; believing that they are on their way to heaven. This is the aim of false prophets and the result of false teaching, to misdirect people towards the broad road to hell and give them the impression that they are in fact on the narrow road to paradise. The teaching of the Bible shows the error of this theology, "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:21, Christ saves no one in their sins and John wrote, "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9 and in verse 7 of this same chapter John says, "If we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sin." Believers are not in the business of deluding people to get converts.
False prophets and false teaching are dangerous to the church and is a large part of the Devil's agenda which he pursues with enthusiasm because so many people walk naively, unsuspectingly into this trap. It behooves every believer to walk circumspectly for these are evil times with evil doers everywhere and due diligence is an absolute requirement. The Bible puts this nicely when it states, "See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15-16)
All professions have their share of demonic associates but it seems that some professions have an unusually large portion. In every country, in every survey three professions come top of the list of the most hated people on earth politicians, lawyers, and journalists and fairly or not they are demonized. The wise person looks beyond these professions and see demons for what they really are; all those who advocate for or carry out the Devil's agenda in any shape or form, in whole or in part. It is this ability to see the world for what it is that enables believers to overcome, as Paul puts it, "We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed." (2 Corinthians 4:8-9)
Books by this author (non-fiction except indicated otherwise)

Books by this author (non-fiction except indicated otherwise)

E-books Published by Amazon.com
When you access the site, click on How Buying Works and you will see the FREE aps. Then click as appropriate.

BASTARD: A STORY OF REDEMPTION (fiction)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OF3SD6

STAND UP TO THE DEVIL (5 Volumes)
Volume 1 You must first identify him
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BQVLSS

Volume 2 The Devil is not the boss
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BQVMO6

Volume 3 Lets start rumbling
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BQVOGM

Volume 4 Using the 4 silent weapons
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005H3EYZW

Volume 5 These three weapons will finish him off
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005H3EZVA

THINGS EVERY CHRISTIAN SHOULD KNOW (3 Volumes)
Volume 1 Five tough facts to be faced
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YX5NSI

Volume 2 Five big truths not to be ignored
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004ZYEPRQ

Volume 3 Five challenging realities to be acknowledged
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050VAFDQ

Hard copy published by Tate Publishing

ONE MINUTE TO MIDNIGHT ON GODS CLOCK
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002X78D16

Dr. Henderson Ward received his Doctor of Divinity in theology, with distinction, from Masters International School of Divinity, USA, where he is currently a post-doctoral fellow. Dr. Ward's career involved pastoring, evangelism, and teaching. Copyright 2017

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print