The lord is our defense
by

With hurrying wings the mother bird hastens up to the protection of her young. She wastes no time on her journey to supply them with food or guard them from danger. Thus as the eagle, will the Lord come to the defense of His chosen; yea, He will ride upon the wings of the wind.
With outspread wings the mother covers her little ones in the nest. She hides them away by covering them with her own body. The hen yields her own warmth to her chicks and makes her wings a house, in which they dwell in safety. Thus doth Jehovah Himself become the protection of His elect, He Himself is our rock, our refuge, our abode, our all. He is our arc of safety.
As birds flying and covering their young ones, so will the Lord be unto us, faithfully and caringly. We shall be defended and preserved from all evil. Though we are exposed to all types of danger, we need not be afraid, for His Holy Spirit shall be our comfort. The Lord, who compares his actions to that of birds, will not be like them in their feebleness, for He is Jehovah Nissi, the Lord of hosts. No one can destroy Him, for He is an undefeated combative force to contend with.
He is our strength and our salvation. He turns our mourning into dancing and causes us to put off our sackcloth, as He girds us with gladness and gives us victory over our enemy.
Let this be our comfort, "Almighty God will be swift to succor and sure to cover", for His wing is quicker, safer and gentler than that of a bird. Therefore, we must put our trust in its protection and remain in its shadow forever.

June Morton, a retired Bookkeeper, who enjoy sharing inspirational thoughts with others

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print