Washing Before Dinner
by PamFord Davis

Mothers often chide their children for not washing their hands before dinner.
Pilate washed his hands of Jesus' crucifixion."Pilate said to them, 'What then shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?' They all said, 'Let Him be crucified!' And he said, 'Why, what evil has He done?' But they kept shouting all the more, saying, 'Let Him be crucified!' And when Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but rather that a riot was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the multitude, saying, 'I am innocent of this Man's blood; see to that yourselves (Matthew 27:22-24 NAS)."

Pilot unknowingly washed his hands before dinner. Jesus body would be broken to provide the bread of life. "For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven and gives life to the world. They said therefore to Him, 'Lord, evermore give us this bread.' Jesus said to them, 'I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst (John 6:33-35 NAS)." Jesus served dinner "And while they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to His disciples, and said, 'Take, eat; this is My body (Matthew 26:26-27 NAS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print