One mediator
by Michael Hume

"There is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." 1Timothy 2.5

If you are a Christian, there is one mediator between you and God the Father, Jesus Christ. He went to the cross, died for our sins and for our salvation, and rose again so that by accepting him as the lamb for our sins, we are forgiven all our sins. We have a right relationship with God now and taste the afterlife now and will live there with God forever when our earth lives are over.

Jesus is the only one nominated by God to do that for us. He mediated our access to God and keeps that door open.

If someone else acts as if they are the mediator between you and God don't believe them. Whether they are ordinary people, a pastor, vicar, priest, or false god. No one can stand between you and God. You have the full right of continual direct access to God, bought with the priceless, incomparable, unique, one-off death of Jesus. No one else is ever that good and can claim the same status as Jesus.

Jesus and God the Father are still the best Teachers of faith and life. Jesus was displeased with a lot of corruption that crept into the synagogues, and said so directly to the priests concerned. Be aware that corruption exists now.

The bulk of our learning about faith should be directly from God and the Bible. So what if God is mostly invisible. You know He exists because you feel His presence in your heart through faith.

The 11 apostles followed a visible Jesus for a few years, it is believed, and then the same mostly invisible one we now follow. They weren't learned in the scriptures, but they sure knew their God. Paul was very learned in the scriptures. We can learn scripture thoroughly by reading the Bible many times over.

"The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16.7 . It is only how God sees that really counts and He sees the truth.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print