Empty
by PamFord Davis

Little things can be so annoying Insects fly in my face. Smoke gets in my eyes. Sand gets in my shoes. My husband puts an empty box back in the pantry! I open it expecting to find something inside; instead, it is empty!

Mary and the other women expected to find Jesus in a borrowed tomb; instead, it was empty. "On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus (Luke 24:1-3 NIV)."

Seekers found an empty grave; they were not annoyed, they were confused. "While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, 'Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen (Luke 24:4-6a NIV)!"

Jesus had risen; he conquered death and the grave! Miracles can be so captivatingA farmer plants a little seed in the ground and it grows into a bumper crop. Severe storms destroy everything in their path and a little bird sits perched on a branch. A little boy offered his meager meal to Jesus and the Master used it to feed multitudes. Jesus touches a life once filled with sin, empties it and pours in his Spirit!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print