Three Square Meals
by PamFord Davis

I do not like to miss a meal and rarely do; when feeling the slightest pangs of hunger, I want something to squelch those empty feelings. "Snickers" candy bar advertisers know our generation's desire for immediate gratification and hope we will choose their product. Candy may satisfy a sweet tooth but it will never replace three square meals.

Do I recognize pangs of hunger for God? Is there the same sense of urgency to fill empty places within my heart as in my tummy? Do I have a consistency of turning to my Lord for three square meals? I not only require regular feedings from his word but also times for communing with the one who spoon-feeds me.

I find a prayer pattern in a Psalm passage. The writer, in a desperate situation reacted wisely; he cried out to God. "But I call to God, and the Lord will save me. I complain and groan morning, noon, and night, and he hears me (Psalm 55:16-17 HCS)." In a crisis, with a sense of urgency he turned to his provider and protector. He chose three square meditations!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print