Bag Lady
by PamFord Davis

"I'm a bag lady!" That statement might raise some eyebrows but it is quite true. First, as a homemaker, I bag trash daily. It is not a glamorous job but an essential chore that falls on my list of things to-do. Manufacturers of plastic trash bags are not among my favorite people. Understand, I bear no grudges for people I have never met; it just seems logical that in our day of technological marvels someone should have invented bags that easily open.

On the other hand, the manufacturers of ladies handbags get thumbs up! Next to shoes, I think purses rank high in my admiration. They come in a vast variety of shapes, sizes, colors and materials. I personally prefer deep bags with several accessible compartments, zippered sections and outside sections for two cell phones. No, I don't talk out of both sides of my mouth. My husband prefers I store his when we are out together. I carry a handbag.

As a Christian, I carry life and death. "At all times we carry in our mortal bodies the death of Jesus, so that his life also may be seen in our bodies. Throughout our lives we are always in danger for Jesus' sake, in order that his life also may be seen in this mortal body of ours (2 Corinthians 4:10-11 TEV)." His death provided eternal life. I carry each deep within my heart and boldly retrieve his promises in times of need. (Hebrews 4:16)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print