Fireside Chat
by PamFord Davis

Fireside chats stir feelings of intimacy, romance and tenderness. I'm an avid fan of classic movies from the late 1930-1950 era. They often featured scenes of couples before a cozy fire with only the light of dancing flames and sparks of embers lighting the room. A hush seemed to fall upon the lovers as they chatted and looked from the fire to one another's eyes.

The Apostle Peter was not in the mood for a chat. "And Peter had followed him at a distance, right into the courtyard of the high priest; and he was sitting with the guards, and warming himself at the fire (Mark 14: 54 RSV)." He felt a chill as onlookers accused him of being a follower of Jesus. (Mark 14:66-72). The guilt of denying his Lord reduced him to tears.

Before an open fire, Christ lifted guilt from Peter and reappointed him for service (John 21:9-19) "Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, 'Do you love me?' And he said to him, 'Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.' Jesus said to him, 'Feed my sheep (John 21:17b RSV)." A fireside chat transformed a fisherman into faithful caregiver of the Great Shepherd's flock.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print