Success Key-Building Relationships For Success In Life
by Ngozi Nwoke

Have you ever been in a relationship that frustrated your life? Or are you in a relationship that is draining you instead of adding to you? For you to have success in life you need purposeful relationships that are well-defined. This article discusses this major success key.

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend - Proverbs 27:17 (KJV)
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners - 1 Corinthians 15:33 (KJV)
Can two walk together, except they be agreed? Amos 3:3 (KJV)
Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour - Ecclesiastes 4:9 (KJV)

Relationship is the mutual dealings, connections, or feelings that exist between two parties, countries, people, etc: a business relationship.
Relationships in life are not optional; they are mandatory if you are to be successful in life. Building quality relationship is a success key that is very crucial and needful in realizing one's goals and objectives in life.

One must then be wise and selective in building relationships. A wrong relationship can be devastating, heartbreaking, dream killing and vision-destroying. For instance, Abraham lost sight of God's vision for him until he separated from Lot. God showed him the Promised Land only after Lot had departed from him. Also Rehoboam, King Solomon's son, lost control of the entire nation of Israel because he chose to listen to his young friends instead of the wise counsel of the elders.

On the other hand, David's throne was secured because of his relationship with Jonathan. Also, Elisha's relationship with Elijah enabled him to achieve twice what his master achieved.

We can therefore conclude that relationships either make you enjoy success or failure in life. A wrong relationship is detrimental to progress and success in life. It can totally destroy your life and destiny; your gift, expertise and divine grace notwithstanding. Therefore, it is your responsibility to choose wisely, people of great value when building relationships.

God showed us an example of this success key to emulate during creation. God the Father worked together with the son and the Holy Ghost in creating this world that is most outstanding. God, the father, didn't do it alone.

Genesis 1:26 says, 'And God said, let us make man in our image, after our likeness...

Furthermore, God made man in His own image for companionship, for relationship. If God, the creator, needed to relate, then man needs to relate with his fellow human beings much more.

Three levels are strongly recommended for relationships in life for speedy, healthy and proven successful life

1. Relationship with a mentor
This is for the purpose of counselling.
There are always people who are ahead of you in your profession. It is wisdom to relate closely to one or two of them if you want to enjoy success in that profession. You will have the opportunity to learn from their wealth of knowledge and experiences. Also you can learn from their mistakes and failures.

2. Relationship with peer
This is for the purpose of sharing.
This level is very important for your growth. Whatever you learn from your superiors you share with one another. You tend to enjoy some healthy form of competition. Your peer's achievement will spur you to work harder and to set and achieve higher goals.

3. Relationship with a junior person
This is for the purpose of sowing.
It is more blessed to give than to receive. Success in life demands that you make contributions to people's lives. Someone needs what you know and have. When you sow, you prepare yourself for a bountiful harvest. It is an opportunity to climb higher.

In conclusion you need relationships in life; a success key you can't afford to put in jeopardy. No man is an Island. Human beings were created to relate with one another. We were made to complement one another. What one has, another does not have and vice versa. But it is your responsibility to choose wisely and qualitatively when building relationships.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print