Putting Meaning into Our Lives
by Wangari Murathe

"That's the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone's duty." Ecclesiastes 12:13(NLT

Our lives may seem to have little meaning when composed of fruitless toil, oppression and loneliness. There is a lot of injustice and wickedness which threaten to overwhelm us. Even those who enjoy various pleasures, wisdom, and power soon find that their pursuits are meaningless because the satisfaction is fleeting. Our lives are also very short and no matter whether we are good or evil we soon die. That is the whole story of mankind and our lives on earth.

So, why were we created? Because there is life beyond the world we see. God's plan is that we live in this world with eternity in mind. This is what puts meaning into our lives. When we fear God, obey his commands, and follow Christ, all evil and death is overcome. Life becomes meaningful when we realize that all our efforts apart from God are futile. Real joy can only come from God and it is given free as the fruit of daily walking close to him.

*****
The purpose of life is a life of purpose. ~Robert Byrne
*****


Copyright Wangari Murathe. All rights reserved.
Wangari Murathe has a passion for inspiration and empowerment through Christian writing. Visit  http://www.faithfood.net/  for more Daily Devotionals and inspirational Christian stories and articles. She can also be contacted at [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print