Unbelief Monster
by PamFord Davis

Television networks Saturday movie matinees often include Japanese monster productions. "Godzilla" ranks at the top but there are countless others from Japan, Hollywood and England movie studios. Movie companies filmed monster movies at minimal cost to producers. Some scenes are more laughable than frightening; yet, they play upon man's fear of the unknown. Monsters lurk not only in the next scene of a movie but within recesses of our minds. The most deadly of all monsters is unbelief.

Only fools do not believe in God. That is a strong statement because we stereotype fools as those who are stupid, slow to learn. "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God (Psalms 14:1 NAS)." Unbelief is a monster that at times seems unstoppable but we must pull out ammunition and put him to death. Eve fell to unbelief in God's perfect provision; she became victim to the serpent's deception through placing doubt in her mind. I must put unbelief to the sword!

I take up the sword of God's word and live in victory! The monster of unbelief is an enemy we encounter on a regular basis. "Take care, brethren, lest there should be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart in falling away from the living God (Hebrews 3:12 NAS)." A belief in Jesus as Son of God, our Savior triumphs over the menacing monster of unbelief. We need not succumb to his intimidation. The Lord towers over him and comes to our rescue; uncover your eyes, open your heart to our victor!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print