Swollen and Sullen
by PamFord Davis

These days I often look down at my feet as my eyes are on the way to check swollen ankles. Water retention is one of those irritations that frequent the lives of an aging generation. Just as arthritis sufferers feel the effects of changes in the weather, I note an increase of swelling discomfort with increases in temperatures and humidity. I yearn for the good ole days when I looked down to feet decked out in saddle shoes, penny loafers, or patten leather flats. When did I exchange sock hops with slipper shuffling? Getting old may be inevitable. Yet, must I fall in step with swollen ankles?

God's people crossed the wilderness one-step at a time "During those forty years your clothes have not worn out, nor have your feet swollen up (Deuteronomy 8:4 TEV)." I agree with those who say that God surely has a sense of humor. Peering across time he foreknew my susceptibility to self-pity and complaining; he could stand on his firm foundation of meeting every need, from attire to absence of fluid retention. I'm beginning to see the light. The remedy for disappointment in looking down is a determination to look up to God. "I look to the Lord for help at all times (Psalms 25:15a TEV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print