From Ruin to Reconciliation
by

In the year that king Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up; and his train filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each one had six wings. With two he covered his face. With two he covered his feet. With two he flew. One called to another, and said,

"Holy, holy, holy, is Yahweh of Hosts!
The whole earth is full of his glory!"

The foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. Then I said, "Woe is me! For I am undone, because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for my eyes have seen the King, Yahweh of Hosts!" -Isaiah 6:1-5 (WEB)

---

Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but don't consider the beam that is in your own eye? -Matthew 7:3 (WEB)

---

When we look at people around us who have not become "new creations" in Christ, we tell ourselves that we are pretty good people. It is easy to see the "speck" in our brother's eye. Why? We are self-centered human beings, with egos that desperately want to see ourselves as good, decent people who are better than those around us. Maybe we are not perfect, but we don't murder, lie, steal, commit adultery, or break the rest of the Ten Commandments.

Then, the day comes when God gives us a glimpse of His holiness. We come face-to-face with our true condition and must cry out with Isaiah, "Woe is me!" We do have a beam or log in our own eyes, perhaps several logs. As we walk in the light of Jesus, we see our logs and know that without Jesus, we are indeed ruined. It is then that the Holy Spirit within us reminds us that God loved us so much He sent His Son to die for us, and Jesus loved us so much He gave up everything to reconcile us to His Father.

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for saving us. Help us to live for You. Amen.

Thought for the Day
Walk in the light.

Prayer Focus
Christians struggling to walk in the light.

Copyright 2006, Star M. Ferdinand

Star Ferdinand is the author of The Prayerful Bible Study Series of study guides, numerous devotionals, and other Christian writings. You can read more of her writings at starferdinand.wordpress.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print