What is considered successful time management?
by Wendy B McLain

Wendy B. Mclain
Fruitland Park Christian Living Examiner

Want successful time management?

A church sign read, 'Wasted time is destiny deferred.' This statement is so true. There is one main reason why we shouldn't waste our time on this earth and His name is Jesus Christ. We were created by God to spend time loving people.

He proved His love for us by sending His Son who spent His time ministering to lost souls who would not experience eternal life without accepting the provision given to mankind through His excruciating death on the cross.

Those people who accept this will lay hold of the most successful time management they could ever dream possible.

A renewed mind

It takes a renewed mind to understand the depths of this truth. Once the Spirit of the living God has given you this new mindset you will utilize your time to the highest degree.

Those things once considered unimportant become mainstream priorities in life.

There are so many references in God's word that speak of the way a person spends their time. For example idleness is said to be the 'Devil's Workshop' in the Bible.

This is clearly understood when one considers His word that says, 'For as he thinks in his heart so is he...' Proverbs 23:7 (NKJV)

Time is a treasure with limits. The dash between the dates a life is born and dies is really a very short distance away from each other. Everyone knows all too well how fast time flies.

When an older person sits down and ponders their past they realize just how true it is that life is fleeting. And it seems the older one gets the faster time seems to move.

Regret? Grace and mercy

A lot of regret floods the mind of those who wasted God given opportunities throughout the course of their lives. But God (being a God of grace and mercy) redeems the time for this individual when they come to recognize their past failures and call upon Him.

They take hold of His truth and He enables them to regain what was lost through the ignorance of their ways. He empowers them to make use of time wisely by indwelling them with the Holy Spirit's wisdom.

Eternal treasure

The priorities they now focus on are those that will bring them an eternal treasure for they now see with the eyes of Christ who says, 'Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is there your heart will be also.' Matt. 6:19-21

The race that is set before us

Remember the Scripture reference that affirms to us, 'Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.' Hebrews 12:1-3

As Christ's followers we must never lose sight of the most successful time management that is found in our service to Him.

To God be the glory forever and ever, Amen.

Fruitland Park Christian Living Examiner~Wendy B McLain

Wendy B McLain shares her love for Jesus. Her undeniable voice of passion for the Savior of the world is seen through the kindred spirit she shares with John the Baptist who cries out among the sea of humanity to make straight the way of the Lord. Be ready for the imminent return of the King of kings and Lord of lords. She states, 'May your lamp be full of oil.'

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print