Fight the Fire
by PamFord Davis

Fire Marshals alert the public of the importance of placing fire extinguishers in easily accessible areas of private dwellings and public facilities. In the event of a fire, the speedy locating of an extinguisher will aid in putting out flames before they rage out of control. Home and business owners are thinking not only of themselves when equipping a building with a fire extinguisher; they are providing essential protection for any who occupy their structures.

Our omniscient and omnipotent God provides not only body armor for spiritual warfare; He equips us with protective shields. "In addition to all taking up the shield of faith, with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming missiles of the evil one (Ephesians 6:16 NAS)." The Lord makes available another item of protective gear; the fire-helmet, normally worn only by firefighters is essential for all who unflinching stand their ground.

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God (Ephesians 6:17 NAS)." Just as an able body fire department employee buckles under his chin the strap of a helmet, gripping a hatchet before entering a burning building, we secure our helmet, and raise our sword. Only a fool runs unprotected into a burning building. How irrational I would be if I left my equipment stored in the locker!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print