The day of the Lord is at hand: Are you ready? Part 1
by Wendy B McLain

Seniors of Fruitland Park

The Fruitland Park Senior Health Examiner has been posting articles with you in mind to encourage you to increase your physical health through daily activity. These articles relate to your body and its functions and the need for exercise and proper nutrition.

The Fruitland Park Christian Living Examiner will seek to encourage you in your spiritual health. Timely articles relevant to the word of God and the truths within the pages of His living book will administer healing to the soul and spirit part of your being.

The day of the Lord

'The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord,' Joel 2:31 (NIV).

For those of you who understand the word of God (by the indwelling presence of His Holy Spirit) you can testify to the truth of the above headline.

There are two events on God's prophetic time clock that have not yet occurred. They are:

The Rapture of the Church

His great and mighty Second Coming

Number 2 on the list is known as 'The day of the Lord.' This event is set to take place at the end of what is called 'The 7-Year Tribulation Period.'

This will be a terrible day for all those who rejected the grace and mercy God showed humanity when He sent forth His Son Jesus Christ to die for the pardon of mankind's sin.

The Rapture of the Church

Number 1 on the list is 'The Rapture of the Church' and this event my friends is the next prophetic mark on His timetable. There is nothing left according to God's word that needs to be fulfilled before this catching away takes place.

God's love

God loves His creation and He gave humanity a choice to love Him or reject Him from the very beginning by placing two trees in the Garden: 'The Tree of Life and The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil,' (Gen 2:9).

He knew there would be those who would choose not to follow. They would rebel just as Adam and Eve did by choosing to eat from the tree that would separate them from their Creator.

God could have made man like an automated droid with no feeling or emotion but then how could He truly love?

Without a reciprocal response from His creation there would be no love relationship at all only duty. Love is a choice and a gift based on freewill...

Wendy B McLain shares her love for Jesus. Her undeniable voice of passion for the Savior of the world is seen through the kindred spirit she shares with John the Baptist who cries out among the sea of humanity to make straight the way of the Lord. Be ready for the imminent return of the King of kings and Lord of lords. She states, 'May your lamp be full of oil.'

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print