Rest
by Michael Hume

Jesus said to his disciples, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." Mark 6.31

There is a time just to spend time with Jesus. Enjoying his presence. Maybe by bible reading. Or simply not being in a war with Satan. Just tell God "I am now resting", or something along those lines.

Resting with God recharges the batteries. If you don't refresh yourself now and again, you may feel run down.

For me it is easy to be with God by myself. There are many times in the week when I can do this. But not all those are rest times.

Resting from activity is a bit unnatural for me since I always feel I should be doing something. Resting with God strengthens you for things ahead. God also speaks to you when you rest. Instead of trying to gain peace by firing scripture at Satan, rest. Let God take control and rest from all the spiritual striving.

That itself unburdens you and you realise that you don't always have to be battling Satan. God wants to do some of the fighting for you.

Rest and find peace. Find your footing again. Be yourself. Life will be more pleasant. God bless.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print