Book Review Joseph's Hands
by Lisa M. Hendey

New Childrens Book Emphasizes Each Childs Special Calling
Book Review: Josephs Hands
By Kety Sabatini, Illustrated by Marie Sabatini
Reviewed by Lisa M. Hendey
Bezalel Books, Waterford, MI, $12.99
ISBN: 978-0-9792258-8-8 or 0-9792258-8-4


God makes every one of us unique, giving us each special gifts and talents. In the newly released book Josephs Hands (Bezalel Books, April 2007, paperback, 36 pages), author Kety Sabatini shares a compelling tale which aptly illustrates Gods love and creativity. Beautifully illustrated by Marie Sabatini, Josephs Hands is the story of six year old Joseph and his search for purpose and meaning in his young life.

Joseph is the youngest of four brothers. Each of his brothers seems to have a special gift for working with his hands. Sam, the eldest, is a true handyman and great with tools. Brother Tony can fix any kind of machinery and Chris is the familys accomplished baker. As loving siblings, they try to involve little Joseph in their tasks, but the end result is always a shambles " a smashed thumb, a clock with its gears in a jumble, and bread dough that refuses to rise.

Joseph is despondent, fearing he will never grow up to have the clever and gifted hands his brothers possess. His loving parents console Joseph, encouraging him that one day he too will find his hands purpose.

Someday your hands will be a gift also, Josephs mother gently remarks. Along the way, his parents remind him that our God is amazing enough to be able to create a unique set of fingerprints for each and every person " surely God also has a unique design and calling for each of us as well! With his familys love and support, Joseph must learn to trust Gods perfect plan.

By the end of Josephs Hands, readers learn that God has indeed crafted the perfect plan for Joseph and that in his own unique way he touches lives just as his brothers do in their own vocations. Marie Sabatinis illustrations masterfully evoke the books plotline with wit and expressiveness.

Josephs Hands is the perfect book to share with children ages four through eight. With its uplifting messages and engaging characters, this book reinforces that concept that God has designed each of us for a unique and wonderful purpose. Children will learn that like Joseph, if they trust God and His plan, they will one day love and serve God and others in their own singular fashion.




For more information on Josephs Hands visit http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0979225884/catholicmomcom
or contact [email protected].

Lisa M. Hendey, wife and mother of two sons, is the webmaster of http://www.catholicmom.com and the podcast host of http://www.catholicmoments.com. Visit her at http://www.lisahendey.com for more information.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print