Pitfalls and Perils
by PamFord Davis

We pull for the underdog and desperately want to free a damsel in distress. Successful writers, detecting these strong impulses, have created some very interesting characters and plots based on pitfalls and perils. In 1914, moviegoers returned weekly to follow the serial episodes of "The Perils of Pauline." Betty Hutton starred in the 1947 color version. Her antics were laughable, as her director placed her in circumstances way beyond her control. Pat Boone and Pamela Austin headed the cast of a 1967 movie bearing the same name but did not revolve around the original premise. Hanna-Barbera Productions premiered an adorable cartoon version on CBS in 1969 under the name "The Perils of Penelope Pitstop."

Our Bible hero, Paul, often found himself deeply involved in "The Perils of Paul." He elaborated in the eleventh chapter of 2 Corinthians. "in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often. From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles; in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness (2 Corinthians 11:23b-27 NKJ)." In times of peril, Paul persevered!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print