Rift in the Ranks
by PamFord Davis

Do you encounter conflicts in your congregation, prayer circle or Bible study group? It surfaces where and when least expected. We might as well face it, though spiritual in nature, our fellowships have human nature in the mix. Our archenemy, Lucifer, is the author of confusion and stirs up trouble at every given opportunity. Beware; he delights in creating a rift in the ranks!

The Devil pulled tools of division from his arsenal, in attacks on Jesus' disciples. Check out the drama in Mark 10:35-45.
Main Character: Jesus
Supporting Roles: James and John (Two sons of Zebedee)
Ten remaining Disciples of Jesus

The rift revolved around a personal request by the two brothers. They were confident Jesus would establish an earthly kingdom; they wanted him to appoint them to places of power and prestige. Pride, and an attitude of superiority, developed into a rift in the ranks. "When the other ten disciples heard about it, they became angry with James and John (Mark 10:41 TEV)." Jesus used the conflict as a teaching opportunity. The truly great live in service to others.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print