Attitude For Gratitude
by Henrietta Elegunde

Thanksgiving is being grateful to God, for all he has done for us. And thanking him for things we are believing him for, which hasn't manifested yet. We have a lot to thank God for, no matter what position we are in life. And if we are grateful, we would receive more favour from God. God wants to bless us. So that we can be a have a better life, be a blessing to other people and advance his work. He is able to provide for us, beyond our dreams, if we are faithful: Philippians 4:19 - "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Thanksgiving should always precede our prayers. When we appreciate God, our needs would be met, at God's time: Philippians 4:6b - "with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;"

We must develop a grateful mindset. We must thank God not only when he has done something for us. We must thank him for his love and who he is. When we do this, we are being obedient to his will: 1 Thessalonians 5:18 - "in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

9 Important Points About Thanksgiving:
1. Grateful state of mind leads to a joyful frame of mind. Joyful frame of mind is essential; the world is too miserable. Sadness leads to a lot of diseases, and self destruction, that can be avoided: 1 Thessalonians 5:16 - " Rejoice always,"
2. We are expected to thank God, even in time of trouble and anxiety. And not just when we are happy. This shows faith in God. Anxiety is also unproductive: Philippians 4:6 - "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;"
3. Thanksgiving open doors to deliverance from the satanic bondage: Psalm 50:14-15 - "Offer to God thanks giving, And pay your vows to the Most High. Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me."
4. We are to always come to God's presence, with thanksgiving: Psalm 100:4 - "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name."
5. Thanksgiving can be offered to God as a sacrifice. Sacrifice means giving up something valuable: Psalm 116:17 - "I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving, And will call upon the name of the LORD."
6. Thanking God shows brokenness (being humble): Psalm 51:17 - "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart These, O God, You will not despise."
7. Our thanksgiving honour to God.
8. Being thankful leads to favour and harvest. Thanksgiving is one of the fruits of our lip: Proverbs 13:2a - "man shall eat well by the fruit of his mouth,"
9. God's favour will provoke judgement on our enemies: Exodus 23:22 - "But if you indeed obey His voice and do all that I speak, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries."


Henrietta Elegunde is an Author, Life Coach, ordained minister and Motivational Speaker. She specializes in teaching how to cultivate spiritual, mental, physical and emotional growth, in order to achieve total wellbeing (being made whole) in your life. She is the author of the book "Hallowed Be Thy Name". For more information on how to book her for your next event, how her book can transform your life, or how to obtain free reading of part of the book; contact her by sending an email

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print