Overcoming Self- Limiting Beliefs
by Henrietta Elegunde

Self-limiting beliefs are things we believe about ourselves, that are holding us back. It may be consciously or unconsciously. Self-limiting beliefs are the lies of the devil that we believe about ourselves: John 8:44b - "and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it."

Satan would use anything or anyone, to lies to us. So that we think that we are nothing, he is a master of deception. He did the same to Jesus: Matthew 4:5-6 - "Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down."

Self-Limiting beliefs has nothing to do with the way God sees us. God sees us as his special people: 1 Peter 2:9 - "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;"

Self-limiting beliefs sabotage our progress. Hanging on to them paralyzes people, from moving ahead in life. Self-limiting beliefs becomes ingrained in their mind, to the extent that it start to feel like, that is who they are. Example of this is when people say: "I can't do that." or "I'm no good at this." Self-limiting beliefs make us doubt God, and stops us from stepping out in faith.

Other Advantages Of Getting Rid Of Self-limiting beliefs:
1. Removal of stress, sadness and anxiety caused by feeling worthless, due to self-limiting beliefs
2. Increased confidence, self-esteem and self motivation.
3. Better focus on priority. We get in life, what we focus on.
4. Overcoming worry of not being good enough.
5. Removal of mental and emotional blocks would result in increased mental power, clarity, creativity and connecting with God at a deeper level. It also can lead to forming better relationships.

Dealing With Self-limiting Beliefs:
1. One way to overcome self-limiting beliefs is to develop self awareness, in order to identify these beliefs. Once we identify them, we have to doubt our doubts. For example, we could ask ourselves the following: "How do I know that I can't do it?" "Have I done it before?" "Just because I failed before, doesn't mean that I will fail again."
2. To see a change in our lives, we have to change our thinking. Every action happens as a result of the way we think and what we tell ourselves. When we think positively and talk positively, we would beat self-limiting beliefs.
3. If we meditate daily on positive things, our negative way of thinking will change. The key to losing self limiting beliefs, is as follows: Philippians 4:8 - "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthymeditate on these things."
4. Negative past experiences, listening to negative people or reading negative books leads to self-limiting thinking, which would results in self-limiting beliefs. We must only hang around positive people and analyze only positive things
5. We must write down all our self-limiting beliefs. And Beside each "I can't", we must write down "I can". We must meditate on this daily: Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."


Henrietta Elegunde is an Author, Life Coach, ordained minister and Motivational Speaker. She specializes in teaching how to cultivate spiritual, mental, physical and emotional growth, in order to achieve total wellbeing (being made whole) in your life. She is the author of the book "Hallowed Be Thy Name". For more information on how to book her for your next event, how her book can transform your life, or how to obtain free reading of part of the book; contact her by sending an email

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print