Four Christian Misbeliefs That Negatively Impact Your Self-Image
by Karla Downing

If you hold any of these four Christian misbeliefs, they will negatively impact your self-image. Beliefs underlie the way you view the world. The belief you hold about a thing determines what you think, how you feel, and how you act. Here are the four misbeliefs:

- Christians shouldn't have problems. If you believe this, you will feel bad about yourself when you have a problem. (Because Christians live in a sinful world, they will have problems.)

- Salvation removes all our problems. If you believe this, you will doubt your salvation when you have problems, feel bad about yourself, or refuse to do what you need to in order to deal with your problems. (Salvation saves our souls, but we continue to bear the effects of sin in our physical, emotional, and mental states. Others are also affected by sin, and as a result, our relationships continue to have problems.)

- Christians shouldn't get depressed and if they trusted God enough, they wouldn't. If you believe this, when you are depressed you will feel like a failure as a Christian and not take proactive steps to deal with the problem. (Depression is a human emotion. It can be related to disappointment, stress, physical illness, and chemical changes in the brain. It isn't a sin to be depressed; in fact, it is wise to address the underlying cause of the depression.)

- There is nothing good in me and never will be. If you believe this, you will view yourself as unworthy and will not enjoy your life as God intends for you to. (There is nothing good enough in your sin nature to save you; however, there are many things about you that are wonderful and good. Remember, you are fearfully and wonderfully made.)

Correcting these four Christian misbeliefs will have a positive impact on your self-image.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Next, if you need more practical tips and Biblical truths to help you change your relationships, get my FREE "15-Day Relationship Challenge" designed to give you back the power over your life.

Just click here: http://www.Free15dayChallenge.com

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print