The Perfect Gift
by PamFord Davis

What do you give to someone who seems to have everything? Most of us tackle that problem, fork over cash for frivolous items or choose to give a greeting card containing cash or gift card. It is the thought that counts, and often we do scratch our heads while considering the best possible gifts.

I once did not consider trouble as being something all people need. It's certainly not on top of my wish list! "My friends, be glad, even if you have a lot of trouble. You know that you learn to endure by having your faith tested. But you must learn to endure everything, so that you will be completely mature and not lacking in anything (James 1:2-4 CEV)."

I lack maturity in many areas of my walk with Christ (Romans 8:29); God is not finished with me yet! (Philippians 1:6) I need the spiritual insight to see troubles as special gift-wrapped packages from my loving Father. He knows how to use each hardship and heartache as agents of change, turning me away from my comfort zone to walk the way of the cross.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print