Coming back to Purpose
by Marie Grossett

Everything in this world was created for a purpose, was created to exist for a reason from animals to trees to laws. We especially were created for a purpose. However there are times in life when we go through unpleasant circumstances which cause us to drain spiritually. When we focus on our negative it causes us to lose focus on our purpose to lose focus on why God has chosen us and what our reason for being a Christian is.

We need to refocus back on our purpose; we need to be like the deer that panteh for the waters and start panting for Jesus again, making him our heart desire. Making him our focus and what he has called us to do no matter what situation may come our way. Our souls need to yield to Jesus.

What is your purpose being a Christian? Can you remember what you are called to do?
You may think because you don't know what your ministry is you don't have much of a purpose but you do. You don't need to be a preacher; each of us has a gift, talent and ability that we can use for God.

Proverbs 18:16 from the Kings James Version says 'A man's gift maketh room for him and bringeth him before great.'

If you are a person that is faithful you may not see that as a gift but being faithful is a gift because not everybody can do it. By having this trait you are fulfilling your God given purpose as God requires this characteristic. As Galatians 5:22-23 from the NIV says 'But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.'

Proverbs 28:20 says 'A faithful person will be richly blessed.' That's why proverbs 18:16 says 'a man's gift maketh room for him' because God will open the doors for you if you continue to fulfil his purpose in your life.
Lets come back to the question what is your purpose being a Christian? Can you remember what you were called to do? If tomorrow was your last day would you be happy that you fulfilled your God given purpose or would you be sad that you wasted your last moments on this earth.

It is important to know and refocus back on your purpose otherwise life would be meaningless. A quote from Thomas Carlyle says 'The man without a purpose is like a ship without a rudder- a waif, a nothing a no man.
The word of God reminders us of our basic purpose as Christians such as loving one another, giving, praying, witnessing, and holy living. Let's not forget what we are on this earth for, let us live for Jesus.

Marie Grossett aka Vanessa Grossett is a published Author, and has interviewed best selling and award winning Christian Authors.

She is a Literary Agent at The Authors Care Services ltd. www.theauthorscare.co.uk [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print